LIC’s Jeevan Utkarsh (Plan 846) – All details, calculators and illustrations. LIC’s Jeevan Utkarsh is a single premium, non-linked, with-profits, savings cum protection plan. As it is a non linked plan amount is not invested in the equity or share market. The risk cover of the plan is ten times of Tabular Single premium.
LIC’s Jeevan Utkarsh (Plan 846) – Important features of the plan.
- Premium: LIC’s Jeevan Utkarsh is a single premium plan.
- Maturity benefit: On the Life Assured surviving to the end of the policy term, “Sum Assured on Maturity”(Basic Sum Assured) along with Loyalty Addition, if any, shall be payable.
- Death Benefit: Insurance coverage will start from policy anniversary coinciding or immediately following the completion of age 8. If death occurs, higher of the 125% of the single premium or Basic Sum Assured or 10 times of Tabular Single Premium along with the loyalty addition shall become payable.
- LIC’s Accidental Death and Disability Benefit Rider shall be available under this plan as an optional benefit.
- Term of the policy is 12 years.
- Loans: Policy Loan up to 90% of surrender value the can be availed under this policy at any time after three months from completion of the policy.
LIC’s Jeevan Utkarsh – Premium and Benefit calculator
Premium And Benefit calculator of Jeevan Utkarsh Plan can give you a clear idea of the premium of the plan with riders. It will also give you a clear idea on the insurance coverage and other benefit of the plan based on the values supplied by you.
|LIC’s Jeevan Utkarsh (Plan 846) – Eligibilty conditions and restrictions|
|1||Age at entry||6 years (completed)|
|2||Basic Sum Assured||Rs.75,000/-|
|High Basic Sum Assured Rebate:|
|3||Basic Sum Assured (B.S.A)
chosen under the policy
|Reduction in Tabular premium (per Rs.
1000/- Basic Sum Assured)
|Rs.75,000 to Rs.1,45,000||Rs. Nil|
|Rs.1,50,000 to Rs. 2,95,000||Rs. 15|
|Rs.3,00,000 to Rs. 4,80,000||Rs. 20|
|Rs.5,00,000 and above||Rs. 25|
LIC’s Jeevan Utkarsh – Example of Benefits
Let us consider an example of a person taking a Jeevan Utkarsh plan. Let his age be 35 Years and the Sum Assured considered for example be 500000. The premium and the benefit of the plan will be as shown below.
LIC’s Jeevan Utkarsh (Plan 846) – Sum Assured multiples
If the Basic Sum Assured under a policy is below Rs. 3,00,000, the Basic Sum Assured shall be in multiples of Rs. 5,000. On the other hand if Basic Sum Assured under the policy is Rs. 3,00,000 and above, the sum Assured has to be in multiples of Rs. 20,000.
LIC’s Jeevan Utkarsh (Plan 846) – Date of commencement of risk.
In case the age at entry of the Life assured is less than 8 years, the risk under this plan will commence from one day before the policy anniversary coinciding with or immediately following the completion of 8 years of age. For those aged 8 years or more, risk will commence immediately.
LIC’s Jeevan Utkarsh (Plan 846) – Settlement Option
Settlement Option is an option to receive claim amount (i.e. Maturity Benefit or Death Benefit) in installments over the chosen period of 5 or 10 or 15 years instead of lump sum amount. This option can be exercised only by the Life Assured aged 18 years or above at the time of exercising this option.
The installments shall be made in advance at yearly, half-yearly, quarterly or monthly intervals, as opted for, subject to minimum installment amount for different modes of payments as given below.
|No:||Mode of Installment payment||Minimum installment amount|
|3||Half Yearly||Rs. 25000|
LIC’s Accidental Death and Disability Benefit Rider for LIC’s Jeevan Utkarsh (Plan 846)
LIC’s Accidental Death and Disability Benefit Rider shall be available as an optional rider by payment of additional premium. This rider can be opted for at inception only. The benefit cover under this rider shall be available during the policy term of the base plan.
If this benefit is opted for, an additional amount equal to the Accident Benefit Sum Assured is payable on death due to accident, provided the rider is in force at the time of accident. In case of accidental permanent disability (within 180 days from the date of accident), an amount equal to the Accident Benefit Sum Assured will be paid in equal monthly installments spread over 10 years. If the policy becomes a claim by way of death before the expiry of the said period of 10 years, the disability benefit instalments which have not fallen due will be paid along with the claim amount.
You may be also interested in:
Latest posts by Anish L J (see all)
- Life Insurance Industry in India – 2017-18 – Overview - May 30, 2018
- Subhash Chandra Khuntia – New IRDAI Chairman - May 20, 2018
- Married Women’s Property Act – MWPA – Every thing you need to know - April 15, 2018